When and why use outsourcing – 4X4 …
4 – Why Outsourcing?
Lower recruitment and employment costs
- Shortening of long and expensive recruitment processes
- Savings in related expenses: social benefits, office, computerization, welfare and more …
- No costs on holidays or vacations
- Pay only for actual productive work hours
- Professional workers who are familiar with the technology needed immediately.
- Short onboarding and study times, without any impact on the existing teams
- Flexibility to project changes – short adjustment times
Introducing new knowledge and innovation to society
- Experienced employees teach existing teams by examples and actual implementation instead of theories and courses
- The organization’s exposure to work processes and new and effective tools that may not have been known or not used until now
Consult senior manager
- External auditing by an experienced and skilled professional for managers to improve the efficiency and productivity of the existing team’s technology and practices
4 – When does it fit?
When a project needs acceleration
- If predefined with very tight schedules
- If there is a delay in the timetables, that needs a catchup
- Before a presentation to investors or a notice to the public
- Before an exhibition, marketing conference or demo.
- In order to avoid a long ramp up time of hiring training the teams, at the beginning of the project
- In order to avoid lettingtting employees go at the end of the project when no additional project available or in plans
When the company needs temporary support
- A young company that is not prepared to deal with employee – employer relationships, before raising funds, no offices yet, no accounting infrastructure
- An old company that wants to refresh veteran teams and expose them to the technologies and methods that exist outside the company
When there are maintenance and rewriting tasks
- In order to enable existing teams to advance with innovation tasks and prevent erosion